Saturday 28 July 2012

Oatmeal is my best friend for breakfast!

I
I LOVE oatmeal! It is so so so good and delicious! And so so so good for you! Hehe.. So warm, cozy and filling. I never ever buy pre-packaged instant oatmeal. It's full of sugar, artificial flavor and preservatives and you know what else could be in there?...:I plus it kinda tastes weird for me..I don't know maybe it's just me lol. But I always buy a box of 100% organic rolled oats and cooked it myself at home. It's better for you and you can just add all you favorite healthy toppings. Now I know I know it takes longer to cook then the instant ones. But...the thing is number one: it's not hard to cook! number two: it's better for you and number 3: It tastes damn delicious! Don't be lazy!!....and boring with food. Okay now..I don't if that make sense. Lol but you know what I mean.

Basic oatmeal

Ingredients:
* 1/3 or 1/2 cup rolled oats
* 3/4 or 1 cup if water.
* pinch if sea salt.

Method:
Bring water to boil in a saucepan. Add oats. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered until oatmeal is thick, about 10 to 15 minutes.


Here's some of my ideas I did:
First picture
Oats cooked with water,goji berries,pinch of sea salt. Then I stirred in almond milk, roasted black sesame powder and stevia. Topped with bananas, almonds and I sprinkled with some extra black sesame powder on top.

Second picture:
Oatmeal cooked in water, vanilla extract and raisins. Then I mixed with some rice milk, a heaping teaspoon of LSA ( grounded linseed, sunflower seed , almonds blend), cinnamon. Topped with sliced bananas, strawberries, chai seeds, cashews , almonds and honey.

Third picture:
Green tea matcha oatmeal.( I cooked with water & vanilla bean in it. Then once it's cooked I stirred in with some rice milk then i put in some green tea matcha powder, stevia, Raw organic mesquite powder and topped it w/ Frozen raspberries, sliced bananas, sunflower seed butter,Chai seeds and a light drizzle of agave nectar.

Fourth picture
Overnight soaked oats with almond milk,cocoa powder, vanilla extract, stevia, LSA and honey topped with 100%natural peanut butter, strawberries and sliced bananas.

No comments:

Post a Comment