Friday 27 July 2012

Kimchi and beef stifry.

Well I rarely eat and cook with red meat and pork. More a fan of chicken and fish. but overall I'm not a meat eater. But just thought today I will cook of some beef today. Hopefully I will try to cook dishes more with beef and pork. I always cook with chicken, fish, mussels and all different types of seafood. Mostly veggies,tofu and beans. Anyways, I bought some organic grain-fed beef. To make beef and kimchi stirfry. If only i had green onions to garnish it. It would be a complete dish. but I forgot to buy some. but it was still yummy yummy in my tummy.

250 g organic grain-fed beef (I used rib-eye) - cut into very thin slices
1 cup kimchi - coarsely chopped
1 tsp grated ginger
3 cloves garlic - finely chopped
Light soy sauce
sesame oil
For marinade:

*1 tbs kimchi juice
* 1 tsp light soy sauce
* 1 tsp brown sugar
* 1 tsp sesame oil
* 1 tsp oyster sauce
Method:
Mix together beef and all ingredients for marinade and marinate for at least 30 mins.
Heat up a bit of oil in a wok or pan, stir-fry kimchi until fragrant and almost dry. Remove from pan and leave aside for later use.
Add more oil to wok, fry ginger and garlic until fragrant.
Add beef, stir-fry until half cooked.
Pour in all the kimchi, stir-fry until beef is cooked through.
Season to taste and drizzle a bit of sesame oil before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment